Monthly Archive: October 2015

Coronation 304 (641) of 1952

304_01

This tramcar was built by Charles Roberts of Wakefield in 1952 as the first of 25 new streamlined single deck trams numbered 304-328. The Coronation cars were designed to revolutionise the Promenade and Fleetwood service and introduced new Mayley &…
Read more

Coronation 660 (324) of 1953

660 g Pharos St JM 010505

660 was built by Charles Roberts of Wakefield in 1953 as part of 25 new streamlined single deck trams numbered 304-328. The Coronation cars were designed to revolutionise the Promenade and Fleetwood service and introduced new Mayley & Taunton ‘Vambac’…
Read more

Coronation 663 (327) 1953

663_01

Car 663 was built by Charles Roberts of Wakefield in 1953 as part of 25 new streamlined single deck trams numbered 304-328. The Coronation cars were designed to revolutionise the Promenade and Fleetwood service and introduced new Mayley & Taunton…
Read more

Towing Car 671 of 1960

671_01

This trailer car is part of one of ten ‘Twin Cars’ created in 1960/1. The power car (281) was rebuilt by Blackpool Corporation from a streamlined English Electric Railcoach of July 1935. It was converted into a flat fronted car…
Read more

Progress Twin Cars 272+T2 of 1960

272_01

272+T2 on is one of ten ‘Twin Cars’ created in 1960/1. The power car (272) was rebuilt by Blackpool Corporation from a streamlined English Electric Railcoach of July 1935. The conversion to flat fronted towing car took place between October…
Read more

Progress Twin Cars 675+685 of 1958/1960

675_01 AR

This is one of ten ‘Twin Cars’ created in 1960/1. The power car (275) was rebuilt by Blackpool Corporation from a streamlined English Electric Railcoach of July 1935. It was converted into a flat fronted car in 1957 and was…
Read more

Progress Twin Cars 676+686 of 1958/1960

676_01 AR

This is one of ten ‘Twin Cars’ created in 1960/1. The power car (276) was rebuilt by Blackpool Corporation from a streamlined English Electric Railcoach of July 1935. It was converted into a flat fronted car in 1957 as the…
Read more

Towing Car 680 of 1961

680_01AR

This tram was built in July 1935, and rebuilt in 1960 and 1992. It was one of 20 single deck streamlined ‘Railcoaches’ (264 – 283) supplied by the English Electric, Preston. They formed part of General Manager Walter Luff’s five…
Read more

OMO 8 of 1974

OMO 8 was positioned in the Paint Shop. It carries the original OMO car livery of sunshine yellow and crimson red, or 'plum and custard', as it was more commonly known!

Car 8 was created on the frame of 1935 built Railcoach 265. This ran from June 1935 until June 1972. It became one of 13 Railcoaches to be heavily rebuilt into one man operated (OMO) cars which no longer needed…
Read more

Centenary 648 of 1985

648_01

648 was built in 1985 by East Lancashire Coach Builders of Blackburn. It was one of 8 Centenary class cars, though this was originally an experiemental tram owned by GEC Traction and fitted with their trial ‘switched reluctance’ equipment. It…
Read more